If you want to give free rein to your creativity or simply want to wear a pair of shoes on your feet that no one else has, you can grab a pen and paint and design a simple white fabric shoe yourself.
Today we would like to give you a few tips and visual stimuli along the way and hope to be able to help you with the design of your very own pair of shoes. You are also welcome to send us pictures of painted shoes as you wear them.
Besides a good idea you will need:
shoes, pencil, brush and acrylic paint, a sharpie or other permanent marker and acrylic varnish for spraying.
So let's get started:
- Either you take a pair of shoes in mint condition, for example from Vans, or already worn. These must then be really clean, so that the paint can be absorbed everywhere and no unsightly stains arise.
- First, the laces must be made out.
- The best way to draw the motif is with a pencil, so you can get an idea of how the selected motif will look later on the shoe as a whole.
- It is often advisable to prime the shoe with white acrylic paint. This paint is particularly suitable for painting shoes and other textiles, because it dries out waterproof.
- Paint your motif with the paint on the shoe, start with the lightest color. Acrylic paint dries very quickly. If gradients or other elaborate painting techniques are desired, then consider the fast drying time and hurry accordingly.
- The thinly applied acrylic paint should dry thoroughly before you draw the outlines of the motifs. For this you can use a sharpie or a waterproof permanent marker from another manufacturer. With a white marker you can set beautiful accents.
- Once the shoe is designed and well dried, which can take several hours, then the shoe should be sprayed with acrylic varnish. After that, the color is protected and waterproof.
As a care tip we want to give you the tip on the way: Do not put your self-designed shoes better in the washing machine, but clean them only with a cloth and a little water.
Have fun designing and, as already mentioned, we would be very happy to see a few pictures of your self-painted shoes.